In our latest roundup of health and fitness news and views, we include a look at ACL rehab exercises following knee injury, some herbs with great benefits, hip mobility and why tightness in this area is bad, and a quick and easy anti-inflammatory juice recipe.
Exercises to improve hip mobility
Here The Prehab Guys introduce 4 great exercises for improving your hip mobility – so important for everyone, including those who squat and who want to improve sport performance.
Here is one of their videos, explaining why hip tightness is a bad thing:
Six Herbs That Can Help You Reverse Inflammation, Boost Brain Health And More
And some of the taste great too! This article discusses the potential health benefits of
- Turmeric – anti-inflammatory properties that could relieve pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis and tendonitis, as well as supporting cardiovascular health.
- Ginger – a popular remedy for nausea, including post-chemotherapy nausea, morning sickness, and even motion sickness from travel.
- Garlic – believed to slightly lower LDL (bad cholesterol) and raise HDL (good cholesterol). It may lower the risk of stroke or heart attacks.
- Peppermint – stomach calming and may relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Oregano – primarily for upper respiratory infections. Best for short-term, low-grade problems like coughs and colds.
- Sage – has antiseptic properties, but most interestingly, some suggest that it may improve recall abilities, so its effects on the brain could help those with Alzheimer’s disease.
There are caveats around taking any of these herbs those – especially for those who are pregnant or suffering from specific medical conditions, so read further and take medical advice.
ACL Rehab Exercises
These ACL rehab exercises for those who have suffered a knee injury could assist you in your recovery to full fitness. Great advice from The Knee Resource.
Can’t go wrong with this recipe!